Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Some Remember While Others Try to Forget

April 19th, 1995 at 9:02am was a day that would affect the state of Oklahoma as well as the United States. Many lost family members and friends, I'm one of the many. My cousin was employed at the Murrah Building and I knew it would change our families lives. I was only 5 years old, but I remember being in school when it happened. No one wanted to tell us what was going on, but I could tell from the fear in my teacher's eyes. After my mom picked me up at noon she told me what had happened. It wasn't until later that day that we discovered what happened to my cousin. We went to his dad's house and sat with them for hours in shock. Today will forever be a day that will bring back the memory of this loss. I respect the other families that actually lost mothers, fathers, and children, their strength is phenomenal.

No comments:

Post a Comment